First, LOL Caitlin.....I don't expect you to remember all of my probs....
So my history..... Well when I was 15, I didn't have a lap but my AF started to get to the point that all I could do is curl up and squawl. Then I started blacking out/passing out. My mom took me to the dr and they put me on BCP and that helped a little, but they were still very painful and very heavy.
When I was 19, I went through a phase of not eating very often, in hopes to lose weight and I wasn't living healthy...My periods got lighter and sporadic at that time. I ended up getting preggers and after I had my son, I actually had normal periods for a year and got KU with my daughter. Then for another 2 years my periods were actually normal again and slowly got worse and worse.
Two years ago, I married my DH and at the time, we didn't plan on TTC right away. But right after I got to AL, I couldn't stop bleeding. We were newlyweds and I was bleeding everyday for a month. I went to the dr and they did a lap. They found fibroid tumors and endo. The cut out the tumors and biopsied them, they were benign. And they burned off the endo. I kind of knew about the endo because my dr in UT pretty much told me that before but when I was younger, I didn't have the opportunity to do the lap.
Anyway, my dr said that when you get preggers, it is kind of like a magic eraser for endo...temporarily. Because my endo was mainly on my lining and ovaries, when I was preggers I didn't have it any longer. He also said that it usually takes about a year or two that you are in the clear before it comes back. My dr here in AL said the same thing and that the LAP was kind of like a bandaid and would only last for about a year, maybe 2. Well, right after the LAP, I took Lupron...OH, what a joy....NOT!!!!
At this point, I wonder if I might not also have PCOS because of my irregular C's and hormone imbalance. You see, I'm a very heavy person and when I was preggers, I lost 70 lbs and my girl was still 8 lbs 5 oz, and it only took 6 weeks for me to put it all on. My dr thinks that the preg hormones actually stabilize my body/thyroid/metabolism and that I have a hormonal imbalance on a regular basis...this I have not confirmed so its just a theory. But, it is my next step to get checked out.
And besides all of this, my DH was told years ago his sperm count was low. They had him tested when he was married to his late wife and it took them 5 years to get preg with their 2nd child.
Thanks to Sherry, I do have the endo diet and I try to stick to it....but its hard....
And thats me in a NUTshell... :)
3 comments:
I wish you didn't have to deal with that crud too. Not fair at all!
Oh lady, I'm sorry you have to deal with all those different problems. Are you trying anything to regulate your C's?
Wow sounds like a pretty crappy rollercoaster ride. Are you and your hubby going to try any treatments?
I didn't even realize you had been on Lupron before! Now I can come to you if I need to bitch! ;)
Post a Comment