I just got pulled over, yep, thats right....lets add on to yesterdays list.
We just bought this car from DH's grandma and she lost the title, so I have not been able to tag it yet. They told me that I would be ok for 21 days with a bill of sale and after that go in for a temp tag if title hasn't came. Well, we were just a little dumb, but we put on an old license plate we had just to avoid getting pulled over. We figured that way at least we would have an in-date plate on the car.
Well the great police in my city decided to run my tag for no apparent reason and of course when it came back not matching, I got pulled over. Not only that, but I'm sure they were thinking I stole the car because next thing I know, 3, yes 3 police cars are surrounding me after the original officer already talked to me and had my license and bill of sale. I was so scared and shaking that I couldn't hardly talk and I definitely had no idea why I was being pulled over. Apparently while I ran into Subway, they must have ran my plate because as I was leaving no cars were behind me and I pulled into a gas station and the police car came out of nowhere and pulled in behind me with the lights going. He got out and came up to me and told me how my plates didn't match the car and asked me if I knew that was totally illegal.
Oh, and my damn insurance card is not in the car! So I get a ticket for the tag issue and the insurance. At least I can try and fight the insurance one. I am not saying that I didn't deserve this, but JUST go ahead and add this to yesterdays post since I'm going to end up paying $343 before 12/17/09..... MERRY CHRISTMAS
5 comments:
Oh no!!!!!!! Ugh, Tanya I am so sorry!! ((((((Huge Hugs)))))) Gosh I hope things start looking up for you soon. :( You need a BREAK!
OH NO! Your poor thing!! I mean, they could have let is slide or given you a lesser fine... you had the bill of sale for crying out loud! I would have been bawling at this point! I'm really sorry Tanay... I hope goods things start happening soon!
(Hugs) I am sorry you had to deal with this on top of everything else. That really sux.
Dang that SUCKS! Sorry girl, I guess you'll know next time not to put another tag on your car from another car. I'm curious to know what town you were in when you got pulled over, AL cops are awful.
Opp, AL
Post a Comment