Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 18

My Wedding...

2 words...what wedding?  I am married and thats what counts, but we didn't really have a wedding. I love my husband with all my heart and when we got together I really didn't care that we were just going to the courthouse to get married.. But in all reality, I do feel a little cheated and like I missed out. I was married before to my childrens bio father and was married at the courthouse then... There is still a part of me that wishes for the real wedding.

We are going to get married in our church's temple next year though and that will make up for it. Again, I'm not complaining as I love my husband very much and that means more to me than a big wedding.

2 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

You are right. The marriage is the important part. I don't think many women/girls think past the wedding spectacle itself to truly know what they are getting into with marriage.

I can't wait to see pictures of your ceremony! Wish I could be there. :)

Robin said...

You guys could always renew your vows one day... Even if it was something simple at your home. You could get a white dress... ;)

But I know what you mean. Being married is what it's about, not the wedding.