Thursday, August 20, 2009

Empty Nest

Now that school has been back in for 2 weeks here, I have had the house all to myself. At first it was ok, but that was because I was keeping myself busy trying to get into school. Now, I have this big empty house with just me in it. I don't have anywhere to go or anyone to see. There aren't really any job prospects here so finding something p/t that fits our schedule is going to be hard.

Not to mention that I'm driving myself batty with nonstop reading of TTC material and analyzing myself on numerous levels. I really need to find something else to occupy some of my time! If I knew anyone in this area, I would offer to babysit a few kids during the day, something I never wanted to do before, but no kind of sounds like something that would be ok.

The whole staying at home thing is kind of new to me because I have always had to work to support me, Alex, and Breyna. Thats different now, cause I'm not doing everything by myself. Over the summer it was great cause I got to spend time with the kids. But now, I clean and cook new things and watch daytime TV and stay on the computer....thats it. I need some ideas. Any other ladies stay at home wives that are into certain crafts or hobbies that help pass the time? I'm afraid with as much free time as I have, all I focus on is why I can't get pregnant and even though that is our goal, I want to focus on something more.

5 comments:

Kitty said...

Oh lady, I hear ya. I have a hard time being home alone for more than one day! What kinds of hobbies are you interested in? If I had to stay home I would probably start designing invitations and cards, but I'm into paper stuff like that. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I am a SAHW !! I tend to have some time on my hands during the day too. I have learned that you need to find a routine. As far as doing a hobby...I have quite a few and they vary from week to week. I make jewerly, scrapbook, garden, exercise, volunteer at the food pantry or funeral luncheon at our church, sometimes I go to the movies or meet a friend for lunch. There is alot out there to do you just have to find what makes you happy. I don't watch TV during the day though and you can only clean so much...lol.

Caitlin said...

Sometimes I wish I were a SAHW...but then again I'm sure I would go nuts! LOL I agree with Dot...you need to find a hobby and try to get out of the habit of watching daytime tv. I'm big into scrapbooking (although very messy and drives DH crazy lol). Do you like computer games? I have some good ones that are similar to "I Spy" and they are called My.st.ery Ca.se Fi.les series. You should give them a try - very addicting!

Erin said...

I work part time for the most part and I have plenty to do! I work, I clean, cook, scrap book, quilt, sew etc. I like to look around the house sometimes and see what I can organize better or arrange better.

I also take my Grandma to the stores. I invite people over for lunch.

I am home 24/7...it does get a little old but overall I don't think I would change it, at least for now.

I just got invited to a church where they do scrapbooking. Maybe you could find something like that?

Oh, and now I'm into taking pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Time alone for me = me doubting myself, my ability to procreate and lots of other things. It sucks and I try to avoid it but I still end up spending way too much time alone which is why I'm going to start studying in a couple of months time...anything to take my mind off what I can't do successfully.

xxx