Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Beginnings

Its time that I look at my current situation as a "New Beginning".  I have the opportunity to do many things and I have a very supportive husband to stand with me not in front or behind me. I decided no more BCPs for me, they made me crazy sick and moody and just YUCKY! Also, I decided that the only reason I was taking them was so that the endo wouldn't hurt so bad, YEAH DIDN'T HELP...so, I'm just going it alone and I'm not worried about an accidental pregnancy because we are still in the TTC family and any surprise would be welcome even if it is highly doubtful.

To celebrate my New Beginning, I decided to get my haircut so I would stop just putting it in the same old ponytail. I wanted something about shoulder length with long layers as I have alot of hair and didn't want to look like I had a football helmet for a head. I also didn't want to go too short because of my size and the shape of my face. As you can see by the pics, the stylist got a little scissor happy, but its ok, hopefully it will grow out a little soon. I'm ok with it, even though it isn't exactly what I wanted. I'm seeing the positive in it, can you tell? Score one for optimism.

I left the salon and came home and just did a little scrunch style as I had to run errands yesterday. I do like that I will be able to just scrunch or do a little flip up or straight action and can make it work. Man, I can't wait until it grows out just a little...

9 comments:

Kitty said...

I love it! I think it looks really good as-is. And the scrunch works! :)

Good for you on kicking the BCPs too. I'm sorry they didn't help your pain, but you seem a bit happier to be off them.

elephantscanremember said...

I think it suits you very well! YAY! for new beginnings!

Erin said...

I love the hair cut!! It looks easy and stylish. I hear ya on the pony tail thing...my hair is up in a pony tail every single day. I just can't deal with a mop on my head, lol.

Sorry the BCP didn't help you. Maybe you need a strong pain killer?

Emily said...

I love your cut! Very stylish! All apart of your fresh start!!! Love your optimism too!!

Anonymous said...

You look AMAZING ! I LOVE it !!!

I am all about New Beginnings. Sorry the BCP didn't help, I can send you some of my painkillers, I have a ton left over ; )

(((HUGS)))

Caitlin said...

Oh Tanya! I love the hair! I think it is the perfect length and I love the scrunchy...I wish my hair would scrunch like that!

^J^ said...

Your cut looks cute! I like it!! I wish my hair would hold a curl or wave, anything really. :)

Here's looking to pain-free days without BCP's!!

Misty Dawn said...

I love the hair girl! Scrunching hair is so easy and I love doing mine that way.

Steph said...

I like it! It's cute & "young". If you like it longer, it'll be there in a couple weeks, but I think it looks fine as is. :)