Well, maybe its not bright, but its definitely early, 3:41 a.m. to be exact. The only thing that makes it "ok" for me to be up this early is to know that we are extremely lucky for Wendell to have found a good job and be working so fast after moving here. He started out working 9 hr days and 8 hrs on Saturday, this week begins the 10 hr days and 8 hrs on Saturday. I am thankful there is work and for my hard-working husband, I love him very much!
But, yes there is a BUT. But, I feel so low. I am not working right now. I am starting to feel like I'm not doing enough. He is working his butt off and I'm at home. He is so loving and supportive and keeps telling me that he wants me to be at home if thats what I want. I do want that, plus work something part time while the kids are in school. But my guilt comes from knowing that as we are starting all over here in UT, things are tighter and we are having to work our way back in. He is working through a temp service for a few more weeks until actually being hired through the company and getting better pay. Granted I know that this overtime is required and he isn't volunteering just to support us, I feel really guilty. I've never been in the situation where I wasn't contributing something financially to the family and I'm now there and its hard for me.
Sorry, maybe I'm rambling for the lack of sleep or something, but this has been weighing on me alot and had to get it out.
5 comments:
Please don't feel bad, the kids need you!! you just moved there and you have plenty of time to look for a part-time job if that is what you decide.
I have been in the same situation(-the kids). When I stopped working I felt like I wasn't helping out but in all reality YOU ARE ! You are keeping everyone going, you are keeping your household running, the kids healthy & happy, etc...I don't think you are sitting around eating bons-bons while he is working. Working outside the home (like the hubs do) and working in the home (like we do) are two different types of work and can't be compared.
Hang in there girl, it WILL get better. Can you do something for yourself ? do you have a hobby ?
(((HUGS)))
That's EXACTLY how I feel (sans kids). I do my best at home, but a person can only do so much everyday. I would feel better if I had at least a part time job, but I hear they're hard to find. :(
Baby I wish you would not feel guilty and just relax, if you really want a job part time or full time you have my full support, but always remember I told you it is my job to support you and the kids. I love you very much.
You got a good one Tanya! (I do too). My hubby doesn't care if I work or not and more importantly does not look at me differently for not working. I agree with pp the two jobs are way too different to be compared. Don't beat yourself up over it. Take care of the family and enjoy life and know that a lot of ladies/mom's would kill to be in your shoes!
(((hugs)))
Post a Comment