Monday, January 9, 2012

Starting The Year Out Right

I have been looking forward to the New Year for a few months now, I needed a 'fresh start' to change some things in my life. This year has just begun and already I find positives in it. Which, by the way, is my biggest resolution...to find more positive in things and not the negative.

1st - AF arrived after a 33 day cycle, I don't know if I had 1 regular cycle the whole last year. In an ideal 28 day cycle I would have started on New Years Eve, thankfully AF was nice and waited a couple days, but not 60. :) Yes, I can be thankful for AF when it means a normal C. Also, with our financial capabilities, we are not TTC right now but not really preventing, because I realize after 4 years, it isn't really going to matter.

2nd - My husband has done electrical, HVAC, plumbing for more than 15 years and really wanted a job in maintenance to utilize all 3. He applied for a job on base here and GOT it. He started this morning. FULL TIME. He isn't working for the army itself, but the hotel chain on the army. For the past month he was working p/t at Lowes so this is a big relief.

3rd - Last week, his unemployment that was denied was appealed and awarded to him so we got a couple weeks of back pay to help until he gets his first full time check.

4th - I've been checking into work at home companies, but I didn't want to do outgoing calls, just incoming. A couple months ago, a lady from my church told me about the company she has worked for for the last 5 years. I applied immediately since it appeared to be legit since she had been there that long. I was on a wait list and got my email this weekend and an offer for employment. Now I am just waiting for paperwork to be completed, a separate phone line in my home and a few other minor things. So now I get to work also....hopefully soon.

Sorry this post is so long, but I wanted to make sure that I got everything out here before I turn into a Negative Nancy again. Thank you so much for the thoughtful comments and facebook messages. I love you all and you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Allison said...

SO GLAD that he got that job!!! And it sounds like you're heading in the right direction that way, too. Awesome!

(((Hugs))) Here's to 2012, Tanya. :)

^J^ said...

Good to hear from you Tanya! Glad things are turning around for y'all!!

Happy New Year =)

Anonymous said...

So happy for your Tanya! It sounds like things are moving in the right directions! Continued prayers for you and your family!

Jen said...

This post made me smile!! So glad to hear things are looking up finally. Hoping it will only continue to get better from here on out!! xoxoxoxo