Thursday, February 10, 2011

Adoption in the works...

Possible Trigs ahead.

vvvv
vvv
vv
v

Not the kind where me and DH are going to adopt a child, but the kind where the 2 children that I have from my previous marriage are being adopted by DH. There father is here illegally and since we broke up in Nov 2006 (divorce final in Mar 2007), he has seen them 1 time and sent a total of $200 for them. He has called in the past but not really talk with them (probably because his English is on a preschool level), and want to talk to me forever...which I didn't want nothing to do with. He has, in the last year, stopped all contact and when I have tried to contact him, he hasn't responded. My DH is my kids 'daddy' and they love him as he loves them. So the other day we went in for our initial appointment and got it started. I feel so lucky to be friends with an attorney that does family law. So the petition is being filed today and we have to serve him by publication. Since I have no idea what his address is, we just put it in any newpaper in the LA area for 3 weeks and he has 30 days from the 1st day published. Then we get a hearing to make things final. I hope it goes as smoothly as written.

7 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

(hugs) What a very emotional process, but I hope it goes swimmingly! Please keep us updated.

Kitty said...

Good luck, Tanya! How exciting for your family! I hope it goes smooth as can be. :)

Allison said...

Good luck!!!! I hope it goes well - no hiccups! ((Hugs))

~*JaYmE*~ said...

Good luck! I have a friend in a similar situation... I hope it goes smoothly for you!

Emily said...

That's fantastic Tanya!!! Good Luck!

Kate said...

What a great step for your kids and DH! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely WONDERFUL !!! So happy that you found a loving man who loves the kids so much.